Each month we'll gather a couple of tips and tricks from our Sales Engineering and Customer Support teams to share with you.
These will be a compilation of usage tips, workarounds, and recommendations to gain efficiency and to maximize your Bill.com account.
1. Add multiple client users to their account at once using the Add Team Members card in the Overview screen. No more adding clients one-by-one!
2. Help vendors take a self-serve approach to starting their Bill.com account and entering their bank information. First, go to Settings > Profile. Look under Your Company and check that your profile is set to Public, and that your profile URL is listed. Then, copy the URL and share it with any vendor to get them started!
3. On the go? Have a physical invoice in your hand, but no scanner handy? Use the mobile app to snap a picture of the invoice—it converts it into a PDF and starts extracting data automatically. Even works with handwritten invoices!
4. Find recent items in a snap using the Recent tray. It keeps a history of 25 recently viewed list objects and transactions for your convenience.
5. Want to view email text as a separate attachment in your Bill.com Inbox? Click the gear icon at the top-right (above the Inbox list in List View or top-right corner of page in Grid View) to enable this functionality.
6. You can invite vendors to be paid electronically automatically, with a few clicks. Go to Settings > Preferences under Payables and toggle 'Yes' next to 'Notify Vendors'. We'll automatically send an invite out to check-paid vendors that have an email address on record.
7. Want to export the list of bills you’re viewing? Click More Actions on the top right of your Bills page and select Export to CSV or Excel.
8. Did you know that you can invite your international vendors to enter their banking information? You can avoid guesswork and potentially save a wire fee by letting your vendors confirm their own banking info and currency preference. Go to your vendor’s profile.
If you haven’t paid them online yet, you’ll see a banner at the top of their profile. Double-check the vendor's email address and edit the invite if needed; then click send. If you’ve already been paying the international vendor and want to confirm their information, check out this quick step-by-step guide.
9. Did you know that you can access Bill.com release notes from your Bill.com Dashboard? Now, you can stay up to date on new features by checking the monthly release notes right from your Bill.com dashboard.
In your Bill.com account, click the Support tab to open the Support Center, scroll down, and click on the Release Notes section to see links to all previous monthly releases.