Ready to earn your bragging rights (and CPE credits)?
One of the benefits available to our Accountant Partners is the Bill.com certified logo. As our partner, you can earn your Bill.com certified logo to display on your website, blog or social media channels. The training is free and available right through your Accountant Console.
Firms with at least one person in the firm can also show the firm Bill.com certified logo.
The Advanced training is your certification course, and this training course will show you how to improve client workflow efficiency and handle special payables and receivables situations. You’ll learn how to:
- Map existing client workflows into Bill.com
- Sync Bill.com with client accounting software
- Handle exceptions for payables
- Optimize collections for receivables
Log into Bill.com. From the Org Select page, click on “Manage Console.”
Once in your Accountant Client Management Console, go to the Training > Advanced tab on your Console.
Click the “Start the Bill.com Certification Training” to open up the learning environment. The course includes multiple short modules so you can return as needed to finish the course.
This course is offered for free with your Bill.com Console, and there are no prerequisites or advanced preparation needed—just your desire to learn and enrollment in a Bill.com console. Successfully complete the course to achieve Certification status and earn up to 5.0 CPE Credits in the Computer Science field of study.
- Program Level: Basic
- Delivery Method: QAS Self Study
- Advanced Preparation: None
- CPE Credits: 5.0
- Registration: Log into your Bill.com Console to access the certification
- Program Policy: For information, complaints, questions or concerns regarding Bill.com Certification, please contact us at support.bill.com.
The Bill.com Certification online course provides an in-depth exploration of Bill.com’s benefits, features and functionality. By the end of this course, you’ll:
- Identify the steps to setup your Bill.com account.
- Identify the features and functionality available on your Dashboard.
- Identify the process for creating a bill from your Inbox.
- Identify the steps to pay a vendor from your Bill.com account
- Identify the steps to be paid by a customer via your Bill.com account.
- Identify the benefits of Bill.com’s Document Management solution.
- Select the appropriate reports based on organizational needs.
- Identify the steps to change account settings.
- Identify the tools and resources available in the Console.
- Identify the benefits of Bill.com’s Accounting Software Integration (Sync)
Bill.com is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org. All training is free to Bill.com Accountant Program members.
While there is currently no requirement for regular re-certification, Bill.com reserves the right to change renewal policies at any time.
As of April 2019, the Classic Expert and Guru Certification were replaced by the New Bill.com Certification, which reflects the functionality of the New Bill.com Experience. All Expert or Guru Certified Users were asked to re-certify. Certification prior to that date will need to go through the new version.
Firm Certification Qualifications
Certification is earned by individuals, not the firm, and certified users may take their certification with them if they change firms.
If a certified user is removed from a firm’s Console account and no other Console users are certified, the certification will be deactivated and removed automatically from Console. The firm should also remove Bill.com Certified logos from their marketing materials.
To regain certification, the firm should select another Console user to complete the certification course. Contact us at email@example.com to discuss the transfer process.
Contact our training team at firstname.lastname@example.org.